Thursday 15 March 2012

Painful Petrol....

I just experienced some serious PAIN... the kind for which there may be little cure.  Reminiscently, I recall being back in America a couple years ago and being really disheartened that the price of unleaded gasoline was headed over $3 per gallon... OUTRAGEOUS.

Well, my friends, I would emphatically welcome even $4 per gallon today!  At our cheapest reputable 'petrol' station, today I paid 1.629/litre for regular unleaded (86 octane).  For all you non-mathmaticians (I confess I used a calculator and currency converter myself), that equates at today's currency rates to a whopping $8.08/ US gallon! Now THAT is OUTRAGEOUS!  Happy motoring anyway!  

Oh, and by the way, the GREEN pump is unleaded, the BLACK pump is diesel (the opposite to most stations in America - and that, too is a very expensive mistake to make!)